My regular resolutions are never met (or are so ambiguous I can’t tell if they have been), so this year I’m setting some for this blog. Who knows? I may even honor them. Here goes:
- More noir. I have so many great sources for recs that I’m not sure why I don’t watch or review more noir than I do. Perhaps since I eat Chandler, Hammett, and MacDonald books like candy, I reserve my film time for lighter fare. But given all the fascinating connections between recent TV shows & noir I’ve noticed just this year, I’m neglecting far too many writing opportunities.
- Lesser-known classics. I rely heavily on Amazon Instantly. This choice is idiotic considering the limited scope of their fare and my extensive access to free sources, including Sister Celluloid.
- More blogathons, including, hopefully, one I host.
- Fun with series. Obviously, the Mae West Moments will continue because…Mae West! Given how much I’ve enjoyed my time with West, I’m dreaming up more series.
- Jeff Rapsis Time. I’ve viewed silents It and The Last Command with live music, but when someone as talented as Rapsis is creating musical scores near me, why am I not attending silents more often?
So that’s it! My hopefully manageable goals for classic film viewing & writing in 2016. What are yours?